The Last Things We Talk About
Your Guide to End of Life Transitions
Elizabeth T. Boatwright
The Last Things We Talk About gives readers and their loved ones the opportunity as death approaches to affirm, celebrate, and remember the people and experiences they cherish in life.
The author guides readers step-by-step through the process of making aging and death-related decisions. This includes defining personal values and wishes as well as planning for practical medical, financial, and legal considerations.
This book will help readers:
- Identify the people, experiences, and things that are important to them and help define and celebrate what gives life meaning and purpose
- Discover and define their goals and wishes regarding transitions, support, and the legacy they wish to leave behind
- Understand important topics such as legal, financial, and medical documents, the continuum of care, and end-of-life decisions
- Find professionals to help them put together inventories for financial, legal, and practical matters
- Explore options and plan for culturally and spiritually sensitive end-of-life rituals and celebrations - Learn what needs to be done after death and how survivors can begin to piece their lives back together