On Time and Water
Andri Snær Magnason
• Magnason wrote ‘A Letter to the Future’, a eulogy for Ok, the first glacier to be declassified in Iceland. This made global news and was shared across the world.
• Magnason was selected to interview the Dalai Lama when he visited Iceland in 2009 and later in India. These interviews feature prominently in the book.
• A documentary based on On Time and Water is in progress and a film based on Magnason’s The Story of the Blue Planet will be released in 2022.
• Magnason delivered the keynote speech of the 13th Conference of the European Science Education Research Association.
• Magnason has guest lectured at Columbia University, Harvard, Keele University, the Universities of Iceland and he meets thousands of school children every year.
• Magnason is an activist in the fight against the destruction of the Icelandic highlands and has seen firsthand the effects of global warming on the nature of Iceland.
• On Time and Water will be published in over 20 territories.
• On Time and Water was the number one best-selling book in Iceland in 2019.
• An excerpt from On Time and Water will appear in Tales of Two Planets: Stories of Climate Change and Inequality in a Divided World, edited by John Freeman (April 2020)